About Me

My photo
Bedford, Texas, United States
Pastor of Woodland Heights Baptist Church in Bedford, Texas and former Professor of Old Testament. But mostly I am a husband of an amazing wife, father of gifted children, and servant of an AWESOME God.

Saturday, June 6, 2009

God's Gift to Me - My Wife Kristy!

When I was only six months old, an event took place that would change my life forever, though I wouldn't realize it for 18 more years. On June 7, 1969, a little red headed girl was born to Kenneth and Penny Kilpatrick. Like many girls she would play with dolls, fight with her brother, and laugh with her friends. She came to Christ as a young girl in Williams, Arizona - a decision that would eventually lead her to Wayland Baptist University in Plainview, Texas.

At Wayland, some 13 hours away from Arizona, she would cross paths with with another Arizonan and win his heart in moments. Though it would take some convincing on her part, I knew immediately that she was the woman I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. She had beautiful Irish eyes, an amazing smile that could light up an entire room and a sweet disposition that made even my timid college freshman personality comfortable in her presence. Two years later in December, 1989, we were married. Six years later we would have our first child (a girl), soon followed by two boys.

Today, we're looking at 20 years of marriage. She is even more beautiful, more loving, and more amazing than when we first met 22 years ago. On this June 7, her birthday, I thank God for such a great gift. She has been my strength when I felt like giving in. She has been my encourager when things looked darkest - pointing me toward the One who is ultimately the Hope for all of us. She is a blessing beyond description. She is my light and my life. I praise you God for all my blessings, but none more so than my wife Kristy. Happy Birthday Sweetheart!

2 comments:

Michelle B. said...

What a blessing!

Michelle B. said...

PS: I like these colors better--easier on the eyes!